Library Help Chat
Skip to Main Content
Search this Guide
This guide will help students doing English literature research.
Books, Articles, and Databases
Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
Comics and Graphic Novels
Black Lives Matter eResources
What is scholarly?
Some helpful definitions:
Not all are equal!
Some Criteria for Evaluating your Sources:
- How well does the source cover the topic you've selected? is it comprehensive or an overview?
- When was the article authored? Is the content dated or less relevant today? For some disciplines, the currency of the work is vital.
- What are the professional credentials of the author? What is the source of the article (eg. scholarly journal, peer-reviewed journal, etc).
- What audience is the author addressing?
- What is the author arguing for? Is their an apparent bias? What's the other side of their argument?
Dec 21, 2022 2:18 PM
Login to LibApps
Report a problem